Logo
sportstotolink1 @sportstotolink1
'This is NO PK? It's an INNY foul' Shin Tae-yong on another unfair call

Shin Tae-yong has been left frustrated by yet another poor officiating decision.

Indonesia will face Uzbekistan in the quarterfinals of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-23 Asian Cup 2024 at the Abdullah bin Khalifa Stadium in Doha, Qatar on Monday at 11 p.m. ET.

Indonesia deployed a 3-4-3 formation. Ferdinand, Sananta, Sulaiman, Fatur Rahman, Jenner, Juon, Arhan, Ferrari, Lido, Herbner, and Ari started up front.

Uzbekistan pulled out a 4-2-3-1 formation. Odilov, Kosimov, Faizullaev, Erkinov, Buriyev, Harmonaliev, Husanov, Rahimzonov, Davronov, Abdurakhmatov, and Nematov.

Indonesia will return to the Olympics for the first time in 68 years thanks to Shin Tae-yong Magic. Indonesia last competed at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics. "There are many players who have been with me for four years. I know them well, and I am confident that they will perform well if they are motivated. I told the players that they can definitely go to the final and to believe in them. They are confident and they are playing well, and that's why we are able to achieve this result," he said.

The group stage was the big story. Indonesia lost 0-2 to hosts Qatar, but defeated Australia and Jordan to reach the quarterfinals. In the quarterfinals, they faced tournament favorites South Korea, and despite the difficult conditions, the Indonesians managed to draw the game 2-2, winning 11-10 on penalty kicks to pull off a fourth-round miracle.

Their quarterfinal opponent is Uzbekistan. Indonesia is playing a bit defensively. There was another questionable call. In the 26th minute, Husanov's tackle brought down Sulayman. However, the point of the tackle was ambiguous. He was tackled inside the penalty box.

Video Assistant Referee (VAR) was called, and the referee did an on-field review, which resulted in the free kick being canceled out in favor of Indonesia's Sulaeeman.

For Shin Tae-yong, it was a frustrating moment. Indonesia had already been brought to their knees by a somewhat incomprehensible decision in their opening match against Qatar. That time, Indonesia had two players sent off.

Head coach Shin Tae-yong also expressed his displeasure with the officiating after the game, saying, "This is a comedy show, not a soccer match."

https://www.sportstoto.lin...
6 months ago (E)

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from sportstotolink1 , click on at the bottom under it