Logo
totopickpro1 @totopickpro1
'9K+QS' second-year foreign pitcher leads winning series

SSG Landers foreign pitcher Roenis Elias celebrates his first win.

SSG won 9-6 against the Samsung Lions of the 2024 KBO League on Tuesday at Samsung Lions Park in Daegu, South Korea. SSG secured the winning series with its second straight victory and improved to 4-3 on the season.

Elias pitched six innings, allowing four runs (two earned) on eight hits and one walk while striking out nine. The right-hander pitched a quality start (six innings of three earned runs or less in a start). With plenty of offensive support from the bats, Elias earned his first win of the season.

After the game, Elias said, "I'm very happy, and it wasn't my pitching that got us the win, it was the hitters up front that scored a lot of runs. I want to thank my teammates," he said after the game.

Before the Samsung game, Elias strategized with catcher Cho Hyung-woo, who will be sharing the battery. "I pitched aggressively to get a good result like last time," Elias said. I had good chemistry with Cho Hyung-woo, and he was able to adjust to me, so I was able to be aggressive and pitch well," Elias said, adding that he was able to win thanks to Cho's lead.

Elias is now in his second season in the KBO League. He tried to perfect his pitching to improve on what he lacked last year. "Last year, my changeup was lacking, so I worked on it during camp, and I got a lot of advice from the head coach about my changeup, and I'm grateful for that," Elias said.

"The difference from last year is that I know the hitters and I can analyze how to face them, so I think it's producing good results," he added.

"Of course, I'm a player, so I want to keep doing well to help the team win the championship," he concluded.

https://www.totopick.pro
7 months ago

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from totopickpro1 , click on at the bottom under it